La'genia Mitchell-Smith, DPM
About Dr. La'genia Mitchell-Smith
Dr. Mitchell-Smith is a native of Conway, South Carolina. She completed her Bachelor of Science in Biology at Spelman College in Atlanta. She earned her doctorate at Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Her surgical residency was completed at Albert Einstein Medical Center/Germantown Medical Hospital in Philadelphia.
In 2005, she joined the staff of Village Podiatry Centers in Atlanta. As director of VPC’s Senior Care Division, Dr. Mitchell-Smith manages the foot and ankle healthcare of patients in numerous nursing homes and assisted living facilities. She delivers care directly to facility residents through on-site visits.
Dr. Mitchell-Smith treats all foot and ankle problems and diseases that are common to the elderly such as diabetic neuropathy, nail infections, arthritic pain and vascular disease.
In her office clinical practice, Dr. Mitchell-Smith provides treatment and surgery for all ages. Her areas of special interest include geriatrics, diabetic-related foot conditions and foot surgery.
- Diabetic Foot Management
- Laser Therapy for Fungal Nails
- Primary Podiatric Medicine
- Bachelor of Science, Biology, Spelman College, Atlanta – 1999
- Doctorate, Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine, Philadelphia – 2003
- Residency, Albert Einstein Medical Center/Germantown Medical Hospital, Philadelphia – 2003-2005
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- Georgia Podiatric Medical Association