David Helfman, DPM
About Dr. David Helfman
Dr. Helfman graduated from SUNY Binghamton in 1986 with a B.A. in Biology. He received his Doctorate in Podiatric Medicine from William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine in 1990 graduating with honors. Dr. Helfman’s postdoctoral surgical residency training was received in Atlanta at Vencor Hospital and the Georgia Podiatric Surgical Residency Program. A native of New York, Dr. Helfman is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Village Podiatry Centers, (formerly Village Podiatry Group). He is active in the teaching of surgical residents and is a medical lecturer and writer.
Dr. Helfman’s private practice provides comprehensive medical and surgical treatment for all foot and ankle disorders including diabetic and elderly foot care, sports medicine, trauma, infections and reconstructive surgery.
- Sports Injuries
- American Board of Podiatric Surgery
- Foot Surgery
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- Georgia Podiatric Medical Association
- Editor, American Board of Podiatric Surgery Preferred Practice Guidelines