Hypertension, also known as high blood pressure, is a common medical condition where the pressure in your arteries is consistently higher than normal. This can put a strain on your heart and internal organs, increasing your risk for heart disease, stroke, and other health problems.
Causes of hypertension:
- Family history
- Diet high in sodium
- Lack of physical activity
- Chronic stress
- Certain medical conditions
- Get regular cardiovascular exercise
- Follow a healthy diet low in sodium and high in fruits and vegetables
- Quit smoking
- Limit alcohol consumption
- Manage stress
- Take medication if necessary
- Regular blood pressure checks and visits with your healthcare provider
Upperline Plus providers can develop a hypertension management plan that works for you. They can also help you understand your medications and provide additional resources and support including, dieticians, pharmacists, social workers, and mental health services.
Contact one of our Upperline Health convenient clinics to get your Hypertension treatment started.