Robert Hoover, DPM, FACFAS
About Dr. Robert Hoover
Robert T. Hoover II, DPM is carrying on a long tradition of healthcare started by his father who was also a physician. Dr. Hoover earned his degree in biology (B.S.) and doctorate in podiatric medicine (DPM) from Illinois College of Podiatric Medicine (Chicago, IL). After earning his DPM, Dr. Hoover completed his podiatric residency at Florida Hospital East Orlando.
Dr. Hoover is affiliated with the Florida Hospital Healthcare System (all locations) and belongs to the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons and American Board of Podiatric Surgery professional organizations. He is board-certified in foot and ankle surgery, and was recertified in 2008.
Dr. Hoover holds memberships with the American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine, and the American, Florida, and Central Florida Podiatric Medical Associations. His educational appointments include being part of the teaching staff at Florida Hospital for both Podiatric Surgery and Family Practice residents. Dr. Hoover is also an associate professor at Barry University (since 2007) and on the volunteer faculty at the University of South Florida College of Medicine as a clinical assistant professor for the Department of Family Medicine. He previously served as CME Faculty Development for Florida Hospital Medical Center from 2004 to 2006.
Dr. Hoover is a well-respected podiatrist in the Central Florida community. He performs a wide array of foot and ankle services for his patients, but his specialty is treating flat feet (and associated issues like hammertoes, bunions, heel/ankle pain, and tendonitis).
When not treating patients, Dr. Hoover loves spending his spare time with his family and is a proud Grandpa. He enjoys recreational activities, especially golfing and fishing. Dr. Hoover gives back to his community by volunteering. He has been a coach for a ladies high school basketball team at a local school, and promotes healthy living with his involvement in Hoover’s Market a local health food store.
• Doctor of Podiatric Medicine, Illinois College of Podiatric Medicine
• Bachelor of Science, Illinois College of Podiatric Medicine
• Residency, Florida Hospital East Orland
• Diplomat, American Board of Podiatric Surgery
• Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
• American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
• America Board of Podiatric Surgery
• Board Certified in Foot and Ankle Surgery (Recertified 2008)
• Florida Hospital Healthcare System (all locations)
• America Podiatric Medical Association
• American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine
• Florida Podiatric Medical Association
• Central Florida Podiatric Medical Association
• Teaching Staff, Florida Hospital, Family Practice Residency
• Teaching Staff, Florida Hospital, Podiatric Surgical Residency
• Clinical Assistant Professor, Volunteer Faculty of the Department of Family Medicine, University of South Florida, College of Medicine
• GME Faculty Development, Florida Hospital Medical Center
• Barry University, Associate Professor
• Peer Review Committee, Florida Hospital
• Physician Advisory Committee, Florida Hospital
• Chairman, Podiatry Section, Florida Hospital
• OR Governance Committee, Florida Hospital